Monday, July 15, 2013

More from the Pentwater Quilt Display

Along with the heirloom quilts, contemporary quilters and several collectors brought quilts to the show. These spanned the last thirty years of quiltmaking.

A Stack n Wack star showed up.


Connie Hiscock, sister-in-law of co-organizer Anne Soles, made this red and green applique quilt based on antique patterns:



A local quiltmaker and machine quilter contributed this house quilt. Viewers loved her color palette and fabrics.

Another organizer, Mary Jane Crimp, made this Lone Star quilt and the broken star that follows.



Mary Jane belongs to a group of quilters that meet at a local church. They made the blocks for this crazy quilt. They had a great deal of fun collecting the laces and fabrics.


Kristin Forester set up our display.  I loved her early Bow Tie. It looks almost contemporary in its use of white background with bold bright colors.


She also had several smaller quilts and pillow sets.


 I am afraid I don't know who made all the quilts in the show. These quilts being in that category.




A United Methodist Church quilt group in North Carolina made this blue and white quilt belonging to Carol Cornelisen.


I contributed some of my older and more recent works, including the Prince's Feather made for my husband. My President redwork quilt was quite a hit. I also had my Mountain Mist Sunflower applique, my first handkerchief quilt, the Little Women quilt, and several quilts I have collected recently.


This bargello wall hanging was made by a local quilter as a housewarming gift. The beauty of  Pentwater  can be seen in the color choices. I immediately saw the sand beach, the water and the sun.



No comments:

Post a Comment