Thursday, August 29, 2013

AQS Grand Rapids Quilt Show, III: Natural Beauty

I am back in Pentwater and getting caught up. I am deluged with great produce and am making soups, sauces, and freezing for winter use.

Here are some more quilts from the Grand Rapids, MI American Quilt Guild Show. Today I am focusing on nature themed quilts.

I so enjoyed seeing the MasterPieces Quilts of Inspiration! Many of these quilts I had seen in photos, and it was so great to see them in real life. I had seen Velda Newman's Sunflower State, and it remains a favorite quilt.


Piece and Quiet by Cynthia England was another show stopper. I couldn't get a good pic of it until close to the end of the day!


This winning quilt was so interesting. Ann Horton's Bandelier National Monument was very innovative.


The first prize award went to Tim Latimer  for his hand quilted Tree of Life. This whole cloth quilt showcases his amazing talent in hand quilting.


Laura Fogg's Zucchini Quilt caught the eye of my friend who came along with me to see the show. Perhaps because her husband is a gardener!


I loved the rendition of water in Wolf River by Mary Ann Van Soest.



This Ultimate Guild Challenge quilt from the Tall Pine Quilters was so cute.


Lynn Randall offered Bees. A Small Blessing was the theme chosen by the Des Moines Area Quilters Guild for the Ultimate Guild Challenge.



Color Wheel Opposites was the theme the Milwaukee Art Quilters were challenged with. Gotta love blue and orange!


Claudia Pfeil's Silk Road Tour included this quilt, Parrot's Island,  that made me smile when I turned the corner and saw it.



Pfeil also offered The Magical Mermaid's Castle. Well, perhaps not really natural at all! But what nature's sea looks like in our dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment