Monday, September 2, 2013

AQS Grand Rapids V: Portraits

Here are some quilts from the AQS Grand Rapids show that are portraits of various kinds.

Jan Berg-Rezmer, another Michigan gal, made Ask the Cowboys with photo transfer, fabric paint, and raw edge applique.

 I was in love with this quilt! Little Girl and Dog by Hiroko Miyama of Japan based it on a photo of her granddaughter.

 Ode to Inspiration by Melissa Sobotka was inspired by Pre-Raphaelite paintings.


Alice Aukeman, another Michigander, did this portrait of her daughter Renee.




I really enjoyed the ultimate Guild Challenge quilts. Wish I belonged to a guild! Gone Fishin' by Anita Gogerty was made for the Des Moines Area Quilters Guild challenge of A Small Blessing.


A nice mad working the show let me go inside the rope to be photographed with my quilt, I Will Lift My Voice Like a Trumpet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment