Tuesday, March 10, 2015

NBC 1964-65 Souvenir Star Guide

1964 marked the height of my television addiction. I sent away for a STAR ALBUM about the new season. 100 pages of colorful, full page photos of NBC's big stars!

It must have been my favorite channel--Channel 4 out of Detroit--because I sure watched a lot of these shows. Like the Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color. (Only we didn't have a color tv yet...I would not get one until 1985.)

Some of my favorite shows included Bonanza 


 and The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

Mom watched Dr. Kildare and I always watched what Mom watched

 And my brother and I still enjoyed Mr. Magoo

 We watched Daniel Boone

And Flipper



 And even Hazel
I think Mom watched Mr. Novak


 And Tammy
 Mom stayed up late, but she watched old movies instead of Johnny Carson

 But I remember the  Huntley-Brinkley Report
I remember getting excited for Saturday Night at the Movies
 Then they added Wednesday Night at the Movies.
 Danny Thomas I knew from Make Room for Daddy
The News was big. NBC had 17 correspondents. 
Their programs included the Today show, the Huntley-Brinkley Report, the Morning Report, the Day Report, the Mid-Afternoon Report, the Afternoon Report, Meet the Press and Sunday. Now we have CNN and continual news 24-7.

What was your favorite NBC show this season? If you don't see it let me know and I can upload the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment