Sunday, March 22, 2015

OverDrive's Big Library Read; What I Am Working On

I am reading OverDrive's Big Library Read, the 'first ever global eBook club". OverDrive is the service that allows me to borrow eBooks from my local library.

The book is Shakespeare Saved My Life: Ten Years in Solitary With the Bard by Laura Bates. Bates is a Shakespeare professor who went into Chicago's maximum security prisons to teach prisoners in solitary confinement. The book chronicles the journey of one prisoner and how Shakespeare changed his life.

To join in and get the eBook visit http://biglibraryread.com/
Read about the book on Huffington Post at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/23/shakespeare-saved-my-life-excerpt-_n_3133831.html?

The Decorative Painting group I joined met yesterday and I came home with a metal planter with a bird's nest on it. I feel pretty good since I have not painted for several years. They are a nice group.
I finished one more border on Love Entwined-- I have to do another just like it still.

No comments:

Post a Comment