Friday, February 5, 2016

Valentines and Romantic Quilts


For February our local library has a display of vintage valentines and 'romantic' quilts have been hung.



 


 Shirley L. made this vintage handkerchief quilt embellished with machine embroidery.
 My handkerchief/pillowcase/embellished wall hanging.
I used an embroidered pillow case as my surface
I love that handkerchief so much when I saw another I snatched it up!

And my Vintage Rose is there, made from an embroidered doily, vintage quilt pieces, and embellishments.
I have some vintage valentines in my collection. I made turned several images into embroidered patterns; one has handkerchief points in the border. I sell the patterns at Rosemont Needle Arts on Etsy.


Some of my vintage valentine cards:





No comments:

Post a Comment