Wednesday, October 12, 2016

My Quilt Projects

I finished another small quilt. My sister-in-law had given me her heirloom lace to make her a quilt. For this quilt I used reproduction fabrics including the John Hewson bird print in the central part of the quilt. The lace given appears on three sides of the diamond, left and top left and right.

The other quilt I made with her lace was quite different!

I am behind on the 1857 Album--the intertwined rings has been a challenge. I am starting on September patterns.

I have three Gatsby blocks nearly completed.
 Tom and Daisy above, Daisy and Jordan below.
 The one below with Gatsby and Nick needs the embroidered background and a plant in the urn.

I can't wait to get started on my next 'Poet' series quilt: T.S. Eliot featuring his Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats! I have been collecting fabrics for the quilt.
My quilt group friend Jan made a Halloween costume based on my Edgar Allan Poe quilt: purple curtains on curtian rods and a hat of net with a Raven!

My doggies are getting up in years. Kamikaze has an enlarged heart and is on medication. Last night she had a rare few minutes of play.
The blanket is for Kaze to lay on or she'll scratch up our rug.
 Then she snapped at our Suki, now 15 years old and just tired.
Suki takes it in stride and yawns in response.
Then, all tired out, Kazi lays against my feet. That's a Shiba snuggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment