Wednesday, April 5, 2017

What's Up?

This month I have several quilts hanging in the Blair Memorial Library:

Regency Redwork, my original story book quilt based on Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.




Cranes in Winter, made with fusible applique, machine quilted, hand beaded. The image is from a National Geographic photo of Japanese cranes in winter. I tried to show the effect of the snow using a sparkly tulle overlay.


Morning Glory Flower Fairy is based on an image from Anna O. Scott's A Year With the Fairies. It is crayon tinted, embroidered, embellished with beading and appliqued silk flowers, machine quilted, and has a tulle overlay. In 2015 I started each month with a post including illustrations and the poetry from Scott's book.


Other quilts this month include this yo-yo quilt from Bev Olson,



 Coffee or Tea from Betty Carpenter,


and another from Betty, Daffodils.



The display case is dear to my heart--Breyer horses, which I collected as a girl back when I was 'horse crazy.'


Including one of my favorite children's books as a girl, Brighty of the Grand Canyon!



And at the circulation desk is Peter Rabbit wishing us all a HAPPY SPRING!


Make your own Peter Rabbit and friends craft with Stitching with Beatrix Potter!

No comments:

Post a Comment