Saturday, December 30, 2017

My 2017 Quilt Projects

2017 was a year of making quilt tops. I finished a few small projects, quilted on my Austen Album quilt, but mostly I did a lot of applique and created a lot of UFOs.

My big achievement was completing the 1857 Album quilt, a pattern offered by Gay Boomers of Sentimental Stitches.

Completed projects were small wall hangings. I completed several 2015 Row By Rows.



This row was from The Pincushion in Imlay City, MI
This row was from Waterford, MI. 
I bought this Jane Sassaman pattern and fabric when she spoke at a local quilt guild.
I just made a printed panel into a wall hanging for my son. He received the panel from a friend at Christmas.
 Of course, it features a Shiba Inu!
I repaired several quilts, including the first quilt I ever made. I replaced worn areas.
And I did extensive repairs to a quilt made by my grandfather's Aunt Carrie Ramer Bobb, which belongs to my Aunt Pat. I appliqued hundreds of 1" squares over fabric that had decayed and resewed seam after seam.
 
I made a number of mug rugs.

After finding some fantastic Neverland fabric I bought Marion Cheever Whiteside Newton's Story Book pattern of Peter Pan. I have been working on those blocks. I will next add embroidery.





And I am back to working on my Great Gatsby Story Book quilt. I am embroidering the completed blocks now. The designs are based on 1924 fashion illustrations.



I made Icicle Days from Bunny Hill using fabrics I won.
 I made two versions of this Big Block Quilt, one for me and one for our son.


 
 I loved this quilt when I saw it. 
 I tried projects from several of the quilt books I reviewed. Below is an embroidery from Stitches From the Harvest.
 And Distinctive Dresdens had me trying my hand at several blocks.


  

I only was able to do a few blocks of a Christmas quilt sew along.
 

And I finally made the vintage sheet quilt. I have had the vintage sheets for years.


This coming year I am going to break down and hire a machine quilter. I have too many quilt tops languishing in the closet!




No comments:

Post a Comment